Kale has gotten such a bad rap for years. The most neglected cabbage cousin until now! Pair it with the heart-healthy benefits of quinoa and your family will beg for seconds and thirds! Tasty and healthy in one shot! This is a beautiful colorful salad whether served in a wooden or china bowls. Dress it up or keep it casual.
Quinoa and Kale Salad
- 2 bunches curly Kale de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1 lentils, cooked (You can use lentils in a drained from a can)
- 1/2 cup craisins or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- For dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place Quinoa in a small saucepan with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a simmer. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain excess liquid and transfer Quinoa to plate to cool.
- In a medium pan, toast your almonds over low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Move them around the pan so they don’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- After rinsing your kale and removing the stems, roughly chop the leaves and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add Quinoa, lentils, red pepper, almonds and craisins to Kale. Toss well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice and whisk together. Continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in your honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well. Garnish with lemon (optional) Enjoy!