There’s a trick to keeping it fresh and exciting when you are first starting out to cook more vegetarian meals. I’m always thrilled when I find a really hearty delicious meal to prove to my family veggies can be awesome. Here’s a fun new vegetarian main course or special side dish.
Fast, simple, easy! Your family will ask for this again and again. Old-fashioned, straightforward box cheese graters will do the trick, but; for fast prep time in the kitchen try an electric cheese grater. It will become your secret weapon for fast meal prep and dinners in a flash.
Green Vegetable Lasagna
- 12 strips lasagna noodles about 8 sheets or enough for 2 layers
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped Carrots
- 2 lbs spinach well-washed
- 2 cups finly chopped Broccoli cut½” pieces
- 3 small or one large zucchini
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella grated, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup/2 oz. grated Parmigiana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic grated or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss with olive oil, and reserve.
- Dice zucchini. Coarsely chop broccoli and spinach.
- In a nonstick 12 -inch skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté zucchini, broccoli, carrots, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp about 5 minutes.
- Add Spinach and toss until wilted. remove skillet from heat.
- In a medium bowl, with a fork, mix ricotta and eggs; set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter). Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In13x9-inch glass baking dish, layer half of the prepared lasagna noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella and Parmigiana.
- Top with half of the sauce, then with the remaining noodles, ricotta, and vegetable mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over vegetable layer; arrange remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes for easier serving.