The best of summer flavors combined, BBQ and strawberries!! Not just for dessert anymore! Strawberries with a new attitude never tasted so good on your chicken, pork or beef! Sticky, sweet, finger-lickin’ good!
Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
- 4 cups strawberries hulled (cut in half if they're large)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place strawberries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. (Fold up edges on sides to catch the juices.)
- Roast at 425 F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes. (This concentrates the strawberries flavor.)
- Put all ingredients into a large pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes - remove from heat.
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 month.