Any recipe with crab in it screams rich, decadent and takes your party to the next level of class. Try this dish for a holiday or special occasion to start the party off on the right tone. This is why guest all hover in the kitchen. They can’t wait for you to bring this scrummy dip to the buffet table.
Crockpot / slow-cooker friendly! Stir up rich decedent flavor with this hot seafood dip. Surprise your guests with a nostalgic fondue party or a fun addition to a buffet menu. Crockpot or slow-cooker friendly or a reason to buy a shiny new fondue set! Try your hand at making your own French Baguettes. It’s easier than you think.
Hot Crab Dip
- 6 oz lump crab meat Fresh Lump Crab Meat 7.5 oz. or canned crab meat, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (yes, there is a difference)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning mix (available at WalMart)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese (yes, there is a difference) (half into the recipe, half for topping)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- onion chives or fresh parsley optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the ingredients but 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives or fresh parsley - optional Serve with assorted crackers.