Add this fun bread bowl presentation to your appetizer menu for your next game night or dinner party! Before you know it, even the bowl will disappear! No dish, no cleanup! How great is that? If you really want to go the extra mile, make your own bread. It’s easier than you think. Your guests will never stop raving!
Baked Bacon and Cheese Dip
- 1 round loaf of Sourdough Bread I love Hawaiian Bread, too. (1 pound)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Hollow out bread leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut removed bread into cubes for dipping.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Fold in bacon.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out bread.
- Wrap bread in aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Unwrap and stir dip if needed. Serve with cubed bread.