In the ’90’s there wasn’t a restaurant or party menu that didn’t rock this rich cheesy appetizer/dip. Still standing the test of time and yummy as ever! Also, one of the easiest ways to get your kids to eat spinach! What?!?!
Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 in can of artichoke hearts in water chopped, drained
- 1 package frozen spinach thawed,drained, and squeezed
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave for about three to four minutes and drain.
- Combine the cream cheese and mayo in a large bowl. Add freshly grated Parmesan, mozzarella, and chopped garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (optional)
- Wrap the drained spinach in a paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Break up the spinach and add it to the mixture.
- Add the drained and chopped artichokes, then sour cream.
- Mix, taste, and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Put the dip mixture into a casserole dish that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F. for about 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or bread.