The ultimate in cold winter weather comfort carb food! Who doesn’t love bacon, Cheddar cheese, and chives on their baked potato? Warm up in a flash with this fast easy recipe. Slow cooker friendly! Serve this in a homemade crusty bread bowl and make it the complete snowy-front-of-the-fireplace kinda meal!
Quick Loaded Potato Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 lb baked potatoes precooked
- 8 oz shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices thick cut bacon precooked and crumbled
- 3 oz shredded mild cheddar cheese
- chopped chives
- Warm a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add butter to pot. Once butter starts to melt, whisk in flour.
- Whisk together and slowly pour in chicken stock.
- Continue whisking and add sour cream and cream cheese. Whisk until mixture comes together.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out the insides of the potato, add to pot.
- Smash potatoes into chunks using a potato masher or wooden spoon, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!