Taste the exotic flavors from around the world right at your table. Serve in authentic Indian dinner bowls to make the experience complete. You can almost hear the Bollywood music in the background! Decorate the table with bright yellow and orange marigolds and you have a party fit for the Raj himself!
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 pound chicken boneless breast cubed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt plain
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Indian spice found at supermarket
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of water
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala divided
- Salt to taste
- cilantro garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat (the oil raises the burning temperature of the butter) and add the diced onion, salt, cinnamon stick and 1 teaspoon garam masala.
- Cook until onion is translucent and lightly browned, and spices are fragrant.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 more teaspoon garam masala, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cook until sauce has thickened and reduced slightly.
- Take marinated cubed chicken out of the fridge and add it to the sauce. Cook until the outsides are no longer pink and chicken is almost cooked through.
- Pour in remaining garam masal, brown sugar, and enough water that chicken is completely covered.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through and very tender. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Turning heat down to low, simmer the mixture and add in heavy cream. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with fresh Cilantro.