Let’s just change the name to Seventh Heaven and call it a day! For me, sweetened condensed milk was always on my grandmother’s table to add to your coffee. Simple yet wonderful. But once you taste the combo of butterscotch and chocolate with this sticky elixir poured over the coconut and graham crackers…after the alchemy of baking…Nirvana. Don’t take my word for it. You’ll hear angels sing.
7 Layer Bars are great for snacks and always a hit for any special occasion. The best part is they require the least amount of effort of any bar cookie, ever.
Seven Layer Dessert Bar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs roll graham crackers under rolling pin to get them nice and small
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 6 oz butterscotch chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup CHOPPED walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Pour melted butter into 9"x13" baking pan.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, press evenly into the butter so it forms an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over graham cracker
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips evenly over chocolate chips
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over everything, keeping it thinner around the edges so coconut won't burn.
- Drizzle condensed milk evenly over the whole dish, being careful to not put too much at the edges so it won't burn.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the cookies.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into small bars.