There they are, just sitting on the counter. Those brown flecked ‘nanners you swear you just bought. But yet, who doesn’t secretly hope the bananas will get ripe a little too fast? So.. you just have to put them in a banana bread. The hardship. This recipe brings my favorite things together: bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter chips. In the words of Homer Simpson, ‘Argglglgllllllglglglgllllgggglllgll!” Go on. Grab that mixer and peel those puppies. You know you want to. Bake them in mini individual loaf pans so everyone gets a corner. You’re the best mom EVER!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powerr
- 3 very ripe large bananas mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablesppon buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup real butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line 9-inch loaf pan with parchment then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and peanut butter until well combined.
- Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula just until combined. (The batter will be thick and chunky.) Stir in the chocolate chips then scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.