Are you watching your carb and gluten intake but are missing great taste of fried chicken? No more fried chicken shaming! You can prepare crunchy and crispy fried chicken with your oven cookie sheet or if you are feeling especially naughty you can whip up this yummy guilt-free chicken in your favorite frying pan!
Seriously, stop pulling your hair out trying to decide what to cook for dinner. Try this no-brainer fast recipe with this high fiber, high source of protein. Fill your canisters with almond flour or almond meal. A go-to alternative to wheat flour for baking and cooking.
Low Carb Gluten-Free Fried Chicken - 5 Ingredients - Simply Amazing!
- 1 pound chicken tenders half bag
- 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup ground Parmesan Cheese (fresh or Kraft)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Knorr's Caldo de Tomate (my secret ingredient 😉 ) tomato bullion
- 1 egg or milk
- Bake or Fry (I prefer frying)
- Preheat oven to 450. Preheat 350 Air Fryer for 4 mins. Cook for about 12 mins, shaking about halfway through.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, cheese, and spices. Mix with a fork.
- Dip tender in milk or egg, then coat chicken tender with the almond-cheese mixture. Set aside as you prepare each tender.
Instructions for Baking
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Press the mixture on all sides of the chicken and add each piece to the baking sheet.
- Press any leftover mixture on top. Bake for 10 minutes and flip chicken. Bake for 4 minutes more, then turn oven on broil to get a nice brown color—watch it closely so it doesn’t burn!
Instructions for Frying
- I like to use peanut or olive oil (non-virgin). Prepare as above and place in preheated oil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes each side, until golden and beautiful!