Your abuelita will be so proud! Serve your family these light tortillas and they will all swear grandma is in the kitchen! Make them even faster with a tortilla press. You can even substitute Gluten free masa so everyone can share!
Tip: When buying any iron product, be sure to buy it pre-seasoned. This will save so many tears and time down the road.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lard
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough into eight portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-in. circle.
- Use large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray - flat cast iron skillets are the best to use.
- Cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm.
- Yield: 8 tortillas.