Super low carb! You will love it more than old-fashioned pizza dough! The health benefits make it a win-win for your family’s new menu rotation. Your kids will beg to eat their veggies! What magic is that? Try a potato ricer to make this from the kitchen to table that much faster. Make an extra and freeze it for later, saving even more time!
Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust - 5 Ingredients
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice about one medium head
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup goat cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of salt/Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F,
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets and add them, in batches, to a food processor. Pulse each batch until the cauliflower turns into a rice-like texture.
Cook Cauliflower - Stovetop
- Fill a large pot with an inch of water, add the cauliflower rice, bring to a boil, cover the pot, and let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes – draining it into a fine-mesh strainer afterward.
Cook Cauliflower -Microwave
- Place the rice cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, letting it rest after for a few minutes but fluffing the rice every so often.
Prepare Pizza Crust
- After straining the cauliflower rice, transfer to a clean, thin dishtowel and twist the towel around the rice to get all the excess moisture out – or, pat the rice firmly with paper towels until all the excess moisture is gone. There’s a surprising amount of moisture in there, but it’ll be worth it to make sure the crust is dry.
- Put the drained rice into a large bowl and add the egg, cheese, and spices. Mix together thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (a must) and then press the dough onto the baking sheet into the shape you’d like. Try to keep the dough about 1/3-inch thick, and a little thicker around the edges if you’d like a traditional crust shape.
- Bake the crust for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is firm and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and add sauce, cheese, and your toppings of choice before returning the pizza back to the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes (cook until the cheese is bubbly).
- Let the pizza rest for a few minutes, then cut into slices and serve.