This recipe will make you hum Purple Rain. Also known as an Aubergine outside the US, this variation of a Moroccan vegetarian dish with bring a sticky sweet smile to your lips. You’ll become an instant fan of the humble Eggplant with this new twist on a very versatile veggie. Purple fruits and vegetables are rich in anthocyanins which offer anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits. So many reasons to give this recipe a whirl.
Fried Eggplant with Honey - 5 Ingredients
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached white flour or almond flour for gluten free Pre-season flours the way you like best
- 3 oz honey
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- Rinse eggplant and dry with a towel.
- Slice the eggplant into rounds approximately 1/8-inch thick.
- Pat dry with paper towels, again.
- In a medium frying pan, add olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Keep a plate next to the stovetop and cover it with flour.
- When oil has heated up, coat slices of eggplant in the flour on both sides. Shake off excess flour, then fry in oil. Flip over the slices once the bottom begins to look golden-brown.
- After both sides are cooked, remove eggplant slices from the oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Arrange eggplant on a serving platter and drizzle with honey. Enjoy!