Take Dr. Pepper beyond just your favorite southern drink. Try this fun fast recipe to wow the most discerning BBQ fan at your next summer picnic. Slow cooker friendly!
Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken, Beef or Pork - 4 Ingredients
- 4-5 lbs of any kind of meat.
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1 bottle 18-19 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 onion
- Place sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add meat of choice.
- Pour can of Dr. Pepper over meat, cover with lid.
- Cook high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- For a pulled meat, using a fork pull meat apart. Otherwise just add 1 cup to full bottle of bbq sauce, and continue cooking for another 45 mins to an hour.