The ultimate in comfort food on a cold snowy day. Let a can of biscuits be your secret weapon to rival grandma’s homemade dumplings, biscuits and a slow cooker that is! Doesn’t it make you all warm and snuggly just thinking about it?
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings - 4 Ingredients
- 4 cans chicken broth or 2- (32 oz) containers
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz package frozen mixed veggies optional add same times as chicken broth
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits 10 count
- Start by turning the Crockpot on high heat and pour in all 4 cans of the chicken broth.
- Cut the 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. Or wait till it's cooked for a shredded chicken texture.
- Put the chicken into the Crockpot and let it cook on high for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, tear each biscuit into 2 or 3 pieces and add to the Crockpot.
- The biscuits will float on the top. Once there is a full layer on top, take the back of a large serving spoon and gently push all of the dumplings into the broth. This will coat each dumpling with the broth and keep them from sticking to each other.
- Cook covered and on high for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir chicken and dumplings up.
- Cook an additional 20 mins, uncovered.
- Turn the Crockpot off and serve warm. Enjoy!