A wonderful sweet dessert! Serve with fresh Mangos to bring an exotic flair to top off your meal.
Note: This is NOT Thai Sticky Rice (glutinous rice). Jasmine rice cooks up light and fluffy and will not taste or feel like sticky rice. Sticky rice has whitish grain as opposed to opaque like jasmine rice. Try a rice cooker or double boiler to make cooking this dessert in a flash.
Coconut Rice - 4 Ingredients
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Rinse rice in a large bowl with cool water until water runs clear. Drain rice.
- Combine rice, coconut milk, salt, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 mins. Do NOT lift the lid during this time. (Air holes will form to indicate the rice is finished.)
- Remove from heat fluff with a fork and serve.