Vintage, retro, classic! No matter what you call it, this cheese appetizer stands the test of time for a holiday party fav! The distinct aroma of warm brie will lure your guests to the table faster than you can say ‘Hello!’ Update this cheese party classic with the trendy pizazz of balsamic vinegar and contrasting sweet cherry flavor.
Baked Brie with Balsamic Cherries and Pecan - 5 Ingredients
- 1 8 ounce wheel of Brie peel or cut off top rind of Brie (be careful)
- 1/3 cup cherry jam or preserves Heaping
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice toasted
- bread An assortment of crackers, mini toasts, chips, etc. for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Place Brie on baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and place base of Brie in the center of baking sheet with cut side up.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine the jam and balsamic vinegar. Taste and make sure you like the balance of flavors; adjust if necessary.
- Spoon jam mixture over the center of Brie and keep a bare 1-inch margin around the perimeter to help prevent runoff while baking.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over top of fruit mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. In the final moments, jam may runoff which is okay, but keep a watchful eye to make sure it's not burning if it's touching the baking sheet.
- Using two large spatulas or whatever method is easiest, transfer brie to a serving platter. Serve immediately with your favorite bread, crackers, etc.